Thursday, April 01, 2010

Friendship

Today I just wanted to state how very thankful I am for good friends.  Really good friends.  Friends who love me for ME.  I don’t have to pretend I’m something more than what I am.  They accept me with all my faults and love the good they see in me.  It’s hard to find friends like that when you’re an adult.  I’m so thankful Heavenly Father has blessed me with great and lasting friends.  Their love and kindness give me strength when I am weak and make my heart feel lighter when it is weighed down with sorrow and discouragement.  Thank you to my friends for your love.  You know who you are.  At least, I hope I’ve let you know how much I love and appreciate you so you DO know who you are.

Thinking of how thankful I am for friendship, I altered a couple of Vintage cards with two quotes that I like.  (Click on image to see it larger / more clearly.) Enjoy.

Song in Heart

And a fun one:

Cracked Egg Friend

12 comments:

  1. Yes, a true friend is such a blessing! :D Well said! And thank you for the lovely Easter images as well as the song on my blog! ;) Old? Moi? Hippity Hoppity Baby!

    -c
    yappingcat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely true words. It reminds me of an older song, "Who I am" by Jessica Andrews. It's the friends who truly love us, no matter what, that count...those that keep confidences and are always there for us. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonjour Chery,
    You are so right about friend. Love what you did to those cards, the last one made me smile.
    Happy Easter my friend,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just posted about this very same topic. You are a good friend. You work hard at developing friendships. I appreciate you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cheryl, I love how you put quotes on your vintage images. I love vintage images too and it never occurred to me to put my own quotes on them. Love it! Is the craft day on then? Let me know and have a Great and Happy and Blessed Easter! Suzie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those quotes! I hear you on the friend thing. As soon as I get excited about a friend I find out that I can't trust them - well not all of them - but you know what I mean - so many disappointments. I got a cute quote for you "Friends are like melons, shall I tell you why? To find one good you must 100 try." - Claude Mermet

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheryl..... Hummmmm, friends. Seem I haven't been able to really "find" one in a very very long time. I'm 56 and still haven't a one!

    I sure have been trying. Not everyone turns out to be who they seem. Since I've been blogging I have found very genuine souls to converse with.

    I'm glad that you have been one of them.

    Take Care and have a Blessed Holiday! Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love vintage so much. thanks for the post about good friends. It does mean so much to have not only family for support, but really good friends.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i really like that first postcard....
    what would we do without good friends?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aren't friends wonderful?? I feel especially blessed to have met so many in blogland!!
    oxox Maija

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely images! A good friend is surely hard to come by! It's wonderful to find kindred spirits in the blog world.

    ReplyDelete