Sunday, February 28, 2010

Personality Types

I came across a post today on The Blog Herald.  The author, Andrew was discussing an article he had read wherein 64 graphic designers were given the Myers Briggs personality test.  If you've ever been a candidate for any kind of professional job, you may've been asked to take this test, as potential employers often use it as tool to "identify" your "fit" within their company.  

Though it's been several years since I had taken this test (and thought I had forgotten what "type" I was), it was interesting to note that upon reading the type descriptions, I quickly recalled that I am an ENFJ.  ENFJs are generally regarded as "Warm, empathetic, responsive, and responsible. Highly attuned to the emotions, needs, and motivations of others. Find potential in everyone, want to help others fulfill their potential. May act as catalysts for individual and group growth. Loyal, responsive to praise and criticism. Sociable, facilitate others in a group, and provide inspiring leadership."  While this is written in the most flattering way (there are no negative attributes given), I DO feel this adequately describes me and my motivations.  So, I'm still wondering what the majority of the 64 graphic artists turned out to be?  Any guesses?
  
What personality type do you see yourself as?  Care to share?  Click HERE to read a brief synopsis of the 16 types.  

4 comments:

  1. It's been a few years, but if I remember correctly, I'm a ISFJ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Cheryl! THANKS SO MUCH for visiting my blog and for your wonderful comments to my posts. It's so nice to meet you!!! I hope you will visit me again...and often!

    I love the header to your blog. So creative and colorful! LOVE IT LOVE IT!

    Oh, I have taking the Myers Briggs so many times. I am:

    ENFP
    Warmly enthusiastic and imaginative. See life as full of possibilities. Make connections between events and information very quickly, and confidently proceed based on the patterns they see. Want a lot of affirmation from others, and readily give appreciation and support. Spontaneous and flexible, often rely on their ability to improvise and their verbal fluency.

    That basically says I want a lot of attention....ha! Isn't that hilarious. But it's probably true. My husband would have to agree! :-)

    Hope you have a wonderful Sunday afternoon.

    Blessings,
    Paula
    www.paulasserendipity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cheryl! What a great posting! Interesting. I see me in part in more than one, but I think ESFJ is most like myself, I like harmony and I'm friendly and conscientious.
    I have meant to email you for almost a week! Thanks for your sweet email! I know, none of us have been able to have any fun getting together. I'm glad you're feeling better now though. I'd love to say too I was going to Silver Bella, but I work as an Independent contractor and so if I don't work, I don't earn my salary, so I'm very careful with how much I take off. It's a double whammy every time, the cost of the vacation and the cost of losing my salary. We're planning a july trip to Michigan to see family for a week at the lake, so that's pretty much my vacation for this year. I just cannot afford it. darned. I know Silver Bella would be FANTASTIC!!! I will wait to see what classes they're offering for Cowgirl before I decide, but I probably will take off a Saturday to go to that if the classes are great.
    Gail and I both are off from work on Fridays. Maybe you could join us for lunch or a craft day here or in your part of town! That would be fun! I'm working on a bit of easter today and it's keeping me going through this Wednesday! Suzie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That so fits you! Did you know ENFJ's are only about 2% of the population! You're very valuable!! I'm an INFP.

    There's a really good description of ENFJ here:
    http://www.keirsey.com/handler.aspx?s=keirsey&f=fourtemps&tab=3&c=teacher

    ReplyDelete