Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Coin Wrapper Tag Swap

I haven't had anything particular to blog about lately. I am excited for spring, though.  Spring always makes me happier.  Too bad it's too short-lived here in TX before we go right into the 90s!  Oh well, I'd rather be hot than cold.  I'm usually cold in the summertime, though, because by dear sweet husband thinks it's appropriate to keep the A/C turned down to 66.  Ridiculous, I KNOW!  But, I can't put layers on...

Not having much interesting going on right now, I thought it'd be nice if I shared one of the past swaps I participated in with two of my closest friends.  We did a "coin wrapper" tag swap.  We each used Quarter coin wrappers as the base of our tag.  We decided on a theme of favorite quotes.  We each did 3, and then Alisa kindly put them together in a sort of mini-book format.  She even added lettered circle tags at the bottom to spell out "Wise Words".  Isn't she clever?!


This is the cool cover tag she made.  I'm totally diggin' the old rusty key!



"You Reap What You Sow"

This one is SO cool because you unwrap it!  How neat-o is that for a coin "wrapper"?

One of us has a big ol' "girl crush" on Rebecca Sower.  I'll not mention any names....yet.

This treasure has a really cool coating of beeswax on top of the tattered muslin and the hand-colored angel.  I also love the calming wisdom in these words.  That's straight from the Source.

"A Large Wife and a Large Farm Never Did a Man Any Harm."


Those are tea-stained cupcake liners there.  You can't see it very well here, 
but they also have tiny little pink flowers on them.

"Don't Count Your Chickens Before They Hatch."

Now, can you guess who created which ones?  

1 comment:

  1. What a unique idea, Cheryl! Something new to me for sure! They're all so interesting!

    Are you joining Wanda's Secret Garden Tag Swap? Hope so - it sounds like another fun one!

    Jane-Jacksonville

    ReplyDelete